So today we had a fun morning visiting with some newcomers to Jakarta who live quite nearby (5 minute walk) and on the way home Eden started complaining about her tummy hurting. After arriving home, she ate some lunch and about 30 minutes after that said "Mom, I think I'm going to throw up". Now here is the funny part...
About 2 weeks ago, Dallin went to a birthday party where he ate a load of junk food and then got carsick on the drive home at about 10:30 at night. He's walking up the stairs complaining very loudly "Mom, my throat feels really weird, mom! Mom! Mom! It really feels weird" so we say "go get a drink of water from your bathroom", so he goes in there and starts screaming that something feels weird and then he's screaming and vomiting in the toilet. Literally screaming and shouting "Mom!! Dad!! Somebody, ahhhh!!!!! Louder than Mike or I could possibly scream, meanwhile we are standing right there next to him helping him with a cold rag, flushing the toilet, etc. but he continues to scream like no one knows what's happening to him.
And then there's Eden..."mom, I think I'm going to throw up" so she calmly walks into the bathroom, kneels on the floor in front of the toilet, holds her hair back and vomits in the toilet. She then says to me, "mom, can you wipe my face?" and sobbed a little because as she says, "I don't like throwing up, it doesn't feel good".
Dallin was dying and the neighbors three doors down knew about it! Now, I know you should never compare your children, but seriously, apples and oranges people!
Apples, oranges and pears at my house! I know the feeling sista! My favorite part about reading this is....Your voice was in my head as I read along. I miss you!
ReplyDeleteEWWWW!!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Susie. I could hear your voice as I read, especially the last line! I'm so glad you have a blog. Thanks!
ReplyDelete