Usually, family prayer feels a lot like this:
"Kids, come on, it's time for prayer...get in here...guys get your tushes in here...it's time for prayer...now, I mean it! Alright, everyone on your knees, fold your arms, bow your heads, and close your eyes or so help me...we are going to feel the spirit darn it!!"
Lately things have gone a little differently:
Two night ago, one of the kids was saying the prayer, and Emmalyn tooted (hence the nickname she has had since birth, Tootie), we fell apart halfway through the prayer in complete hysterics!
Then just tonight, Marion was saying the prayer. She has a tendency to speak very quickly and sort of slur her words together when she's praying so it can often be difficult to understand her sometimes but there was one sentence that we all heard very clearly: "please help us all so we can learn spanish" Again, complete hysterics! We were completely out of control, even Marion was laughing though she had no idea what was so funny. Then when we explained that we're learning Indonesian not spanish it was a revelation!
I can totally hear you saying this. I am cracking up as I picture the whole scene. I just love how real you are. We all have days like that but only cool people admit it. Love you!
ReplyDelete