A history of the Beerman Family and our daily, weekly, or monthly adventures and happenings.
"...we lived after the manner of happiness."
2 Nephi 5:27
Monday, March 18, 2013
Church on Sunday
This last Sunday, during our primary meeting, Mike was teaching the children about the Resurrection. The week previous had been about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and his crucifixion. This is a topic of great importance to Mike and I and it was a very special opportunity for us to bear testimony to our children about how much the Savior, Jesus Christ means to us. To explain to them how much we love Him because of His great sacrifice for us. After the lesson we sang "He Sent His Son". As we sang, and I led the music, I looked at each of my children in turn, and saw Eden weeping quietly to herself. She wasn't able to sing so she just sat there as tears streamed down her sweet face. Mike went and sat next to her through the rest of the song. Halfway through, I found myself unable to continue singing as well for my heart was so full. Afterward, we asked Eden what she was feeling that would make her cry so. It was very special for us to hear her feelings about Jesus Christ, her sorrow at what he suffered and her gratitude and love for Him. It was wonderful to explain to her that she was feeling the Holy Ghost. That the Holy Ghost speaks to our hearts and confirms truth. I'm so grateful to have witnessed my daughters testimony about the Savior grow a little more that day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a neat experience! Do you guys have a branch or is it all your family? I so need to catch up with you!
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful. I know it has been hard for you all to have church on your own, but I think it is amazing how you have been able to show your kids just how important it is to you. I am sure that will be a strength to them their whole lives.
ReplyDelete