There are days when I feel awesome about my progress with the Indonesian language. I'll start speaking to somone and all of the sudden I think "Holy cow, I just understood what she said!" And then there are days when I think, "I'm delusional! What did you just say?!" Today has been one of those days. My guru (teacher) today said that I hadn't made as much progress since last week as she would like to see... sad. But my housekeeper said that I learn really quick and that she thinks I'm doing great... thanks Ibu Inem! All in all, after studying some spanish in HS, this is a fairly simple language I just need to learn a lot more vocabulary and I still don't quite get the sentence structure entirely but I will be victorious!!
The kids are totally thrilled to be out of school although I have them doing a rigorous summer study program here a home. We have actually hired a tutor for Dallin so that he can get a little more caught up in math. Marion and Emma are taking swimming lessons; Marion is doing terrific, Emma screams the whole time.
Off to the library!
so proud, two blogs in less than a week. Yeah!
ReplyDelete