Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bali Vacation

What an excellent, fun, yet relaxing vacation! Just what the doctor ordered. We stayed at the Club Med Resort which I thought was terrific! Unfortunately, since we always have to get 2 rooms, it was way too expensive for us to ever do again. We spent a lot of time swimming at the big pool which was one of the highlights for the kids (which included getting thrown off moms shoulders) along with our day down at the beach building sand castles. It rained for nearly 2 days straight while we were there, during that time we participated in some of the indoor hotel activities but mostly we stayed in our room, Mike and I sitting on the veranda reading, while the kids played in the room and watched Nick Jr. (yes, we traveled all that way and spent a fortune so that our kids could watch Nick Jr...grrr!)

The beaches in Bali were better than any beaches I've been to in the states (aside from Kawaii) but I hear they are nothing compared to Australian beaches.

Dallin spent 2 days at the kids club. He found a bunch of boys to play with and they had really fun counselors that kept them busy doing all kinds of activities and sports. It was like a summer camp. One day they built boats out of plastic bottles and balloons then raced them across the swimming pool.

Mike and I spent one morning playing tennis, golf, and a little pool. Then together as a family we did a little trapeze, kayaking, boche ball, and circus juggling. There were these really cool lizards in the pond that we kept watching, one of them was at least 4 feet long!

My only complaints were: Everytime I ordered beef it turned out quite grissly, and the fruity drinks were lame! The kids loved the food! They spent 5 days eating french fries, pizza, breads, and chicken fingers. Not to mention the 2 ice cream cones each every night for dessert! Heavenly!

We went for a walk the first day that we were there and found a bunch of animal statues along the way that we thought were really fun. When we saw the first one, a frog, we thought "hey, let's take pictures with as many different ones as we can" after taking the first picture, Dallin says, "guys, I think they're trash cans". So then we had to take pictures of them because it was so hilarious! There was a squirrel one that was very anatomically correct (picture not included for that reason).

Enjoy the pictures!






















































































4 comments:

  1. you look like you guys are having a terrible time. i'll bet they didn't say "this is the best day ever" even once!
    geez...smile a little people and at least act like you are enjoying your "extended vacation"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had an amzing time, despite the weather not totally copperating!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cute -- Emmalyn's grown so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Help...Amy W, who are you? I know a couple of Amy's that have a last name beginning in W. Which one are you?

    ReplyDelete