Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Failed Miserably

So the kids have accused me on a number of occassions of eating vast amounts of junk food (sweets to be particular) in the evenings when Mike is out of town. There is some truth in this statement. Therefore, I decided that while Mike was away this time, I would refrain from such weakness and not eat anything deliciously sweet and dilectable after dinner. Mike left this morning. I didn't make it one evening. Loser!! I ate two pieces of Jello Toast on homemade bread. Delicious (thanks Ashley!) Jello toast: buttered bread with a thick layer of powdered jello on top of the butter, then baked in the oven just until jello is melted and a little crispy ...Yum! Great for those Family Home Evening's when you forgot to make a treat.

4 comments:

  1. This just makes me laugh! First of all, you're incredibly strong. If Jon's gone for even one night I am looking for sugar in the kitchen. And then...Jello Toast! Seriously! That sounds so yummy! I have to go try it.
    ~Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Jello toast? I've never heard of such a thing! Might have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeeek! Sounds awful. Of course, I love to eat Bisquick & milk when no one's looking . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jello Toast, you say? I've got to try this!

    I'm loving keeping up with the Beermans with your blog. You guys are doing some really fun stuff!

    Jello Toast... I think it's time for a snack. It is just past midnight. I'll take pictures and blog about it. :D

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete